School History, Accreditation and Curriculum
Stone Ridge Christian School, sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Duluth and Superior, is part of the world's largest Protestant parochial school system. It was first established in Duluth in 1903 at Sixth Avenue East and Eighth Street, where it operated for thirty-five Years. The school was discontinued in 1938 when the property was sold. in 1943 the school was reactivated using temporary quarters until 1946 when a school was built adjacent to the Duluth Seventh-day Adventist Church at Fourteenth Avenue East and Superior Street under the direction of Elder W.R. Archbold. In 1998 the school was relocated to its present location on Orange Street.
Stone Ridge Christian School is accredited through the education offices of the Mid-American Union of Seventh-day Adventists and the Minnesota Conference of Seventh-day Adventist.
The curriculum at Stone Ridge Christian School consists of Art, Bible, Computer Sciences, English, Mathematics, Music, Penmanship, Physical Education, Reading, Science, and Social Studies. Participation in life skill activities such as community service projects and school cleaning will be required as well.